View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2024, 12:46 PM   #37
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Arrow New pricing and plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaso View Post
Did anyone see these "new plans" anywhere except his one reddit thread from 6 weeks ago and few screenshots shown here? I tried to Google it and find no additional or newer info on these price changes...
Yes, as I posted much earlier in this thread, you can sign up for a free trial account and see the new pricing if you look at the Billing & Plan page new style plans. I asked Rob Mueller at Fastmail about these changes, and here are his comments from his reply email to me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Mueller
So you only get those new prices if you opt in to the new style plans in the modal popup that appears when you go to the Billing & Plan page for the first time. If you don't agree to that, you can stick with the old plans for now and get the old pricing which is what's advertised on the site.

Having said that, we do plan to switch all new users to getting only the new pricing soon, in fact that's likely next week. When we do that, we'll update the pricing page with the new prices to reflect that these are the only plans going forward for new users.

Sometime later this year, we're aiming to convert all existing users to the new plans as well. We'll ensure we contact all users well in advance with details before we do that.

There's a number of reasons we're making these changes:
  • We're switching billing providers to one that can better handle tax compliance in all the countries we sell in, reducing the chance of tax and invoicing mistakes for users
  • We're offering new Duo (2xStandard) and Family (6xStandard) plans to make it easier for people to bring their partner/family to Fastmail at a significantly better cost
  • We're offering payments in over a dozen different currencies, allowing many more people to pay in their local currency rather than having to deal with fluctuating USD exchange rates and foreign currency fees local banks often charge on each payment
And yes, we're also slightly increasing prices. This is our first increase in many years, and will help us cover the many rising costs we've also been encountering in running Fastmail.
Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote