View Single Post
Old 2 Feb 2017, 11:01 PM   #56
tony17112acst

Quote:
Also, I got 2 test emails from the Comcast technician today, so it appears they are still working on it.
Quote:
At your Freehostia account? That sounds like a good sign.
Sorry! I wasn't totally clear; they sent me a message from a gmail account, not a Comcast account.

Also, I am glad you recommended sending from the Comcast webmail I will be using that from now on to avoid other problems.

I was frantically trying to get a DMARK/SPF record up because of what Comcast said. Freehostia's cpanel actually has a menu item called "SPF Manager" and I thought it'd be safer for a novice like me to click on that instead of creating a DNS record myself. And when I clicked on it, it had a field for an IP addresss and I thought I HAD to put one in there ...so I grabbed the IP address form the A record listed in DNS records list from anthonytonini.com. I figured since I never touched the DNS records in anthonytonini.com, the IP must be correct - I didn't understand what I was doing (and am still figuring it out :-)).

So this morning I just removed the IP address from the SPF record and hopefully, I'll research the SPF later - for now, I think it's a valid record, but a lax policy.

So the IP address should be the IP address of the sending server? I'll research it more ...thanks for ALL the great info!
tony17112acst is offline   Reply With Quote