View Single Post
Old 24 Jan 2017, 10:21 AM   #155
andrej

Well I had been superstitiously relying on my silence on this issue, so as to delay the discontinuation of the grandfathered plan. Alas, the day hath come.

So, I paid for a Standard Membership (when they were one-time $14.95) back in (I think) 2002 and have been very satisfied using Fastmail since. I have loved the power of using SIEVE scripting, and nothing else could touch it. I also tolerated the 16 MB inbox limitation, and oddly enough, still do to this day.

But I knew that my account was on borrowed time. As I continued to see Fastmail push expensive plans, I just began to feel that Fastmail was being tailored more towards professionals and businesses, not the passing messenger such as myself. I am quite disappointed that they do not even have a "simple ads in your signature" option for free as they used to have.

So, I regret to inform the Fastmail team that I am not going to continue to use Fastmail once my Member account expires, and I can no longer recommend this service for personal email. (For business email, I think it's probably fine.)

I will explore other options, such as Gmail and iCloud, both of which I can use for free, and I welcome alternatives (preferably with SIEVE scripting, which neither seem to allow).
andrej is offline   Reply With Quote