View Single Post
Old 25 Oct 2017, 07:09 PM   #7
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
mail.co.uk and mail.fr (and mail.de but couldn't sign up for that one) are neat domains. As a Belgian living in Brussels (which is de jure bilingual Dutch-French linguistically, but de facto overwhelmingly French speaking) mail.fr sounds like a handy domain.

Both mail.co.uk, mail.fr and mail.de would be linguistically OK for me, I speak English, French and German fluently.

A few questions though:
- how much is the capacity of the inbox?
- are the dates of the last sessions/logins shown? (to me that's not unimportant)
- what is the inactivity limit?
- are the answers to the above questions the same regardless if one signs up for mail.fr, mail.de or mail.co.uk ?

Other than that there is the always re-occurring (with every new provider) question : how long will the service survive the hands of time when there is competition from giants such as Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail, ... ??

The domains are very neat though, so they sound tempting to try.

PS: you can opt for a @mail.co.uk or a @mail.uk domain. The latter is shorter, but unlike most countries, in the UK I'm not sure if shorter equals better. For many years .uk registrations weren't open, so everyone was very used to using .co.uk on daily basis. I don't know whether, since registering .uk domains is possible, the extention has already overpowered the long established .co.uk extention.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote