View Single Post
Old 26 Feb 2024, 05:37 PM   #9
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by camner View Post
I suspect you have hit the nail on the head! Do I infer correctly from your comments that at present, it is no longer possible to set up an address as an "Identity"?
If I understand the current situation correctly, now if you create an entry for an email address in the "My email addresses" page, then if you choose "an email address I already own" then what you create is actually a sending identity, and if you choose "alias" then you create a new alias + a corresponding identity in one step. There is also an interface for creating an alias without a corresponding identity: in the "Users & Sharing" page there is an "aliases" tab, and clicking "New alias" there enters a form to create just an alias, without a corresponding identity.
Most of my aliases are there, and not in the "My email address" page. I don't know why some are here and some are there. My guess is that when the new scheme replaced the old one aliases with corresponding sending identities were "merged" with the sending identities and put in the "My email addresses" page, and aliases without corresponding sending identities were considered as forwarding to "other members of my team" and put in the aliases tab in the "Users & Sharing" page.
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote