View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2019, 08:30 PM   #15
TenFour
Master of the @

I just tried the Gmail to Tmo email to text thing and my test message went through in less than 30 seconds. I wonder if it is more dependent on the particular part of the T Mobile network you are using? Not so much with T Mobile, but with AT&T I routinely encountered long delays in text message delivery, particularly if I was traveling outside of my home area. Just the other day I received an AT&T text message from someone that was sent a day previously. In short, I would not rely on text messages getting through reliably and quickly 100% of the time.

Back to the main topic of the thread, I agree basically with what Inquiring Mind says above about customer service today. But, on the other hand, I do encounter good service from time to time, indicating to me that it is not impossible to make money, remain in business, and provide good customer service. Unfortunately, email seems to be near the bottom of the barrel in offering good customer service. In my limited experience I would rate paid G Suite and Microsoft Office 365 customer service as near the top, though not ideal. At least you can eventually get through to someone with the technical ability, time, and follow through to fix things. I recently went through a set up of both for a company and in both cases I encountered things that were not documented, were not working correctly, and would have been game stoppers without the help of customer service.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote