View Single Post
Old 15 May 2023, 07:27 AM   #399
triyck13

Thumbs up Fastmail fan after 10 days

Hi all - I recently started my 'degoogle' journey (well, half a journey at least). I stumbled over Fastmail, tried it now for 10 days in various situations and all the functionality I need. Created a detailed documents with feature description, pros & cons. I love it!!! Signed up for three years. Got myself a trash domain for random online sites. Aliases are fantastic. The whole UX I like much better than Gmail - I'm a Gmail poweruser, having been with them since the inception, using it at work since a decade as well. FM has a much better flow for me, and the functionality is top notch. There's a few minor things I don't like, most importantly the calendar integration (to be fair, Google is to blame here as well not allowing to easily share with non Google users etc.).

On the whole privacy topic: I don't mind it. Yeah, maybe the government or someone else will get a warrant and be able to read my emails. So be it, if that's the case, I'm anyway in serious trouble and should never have used email. I honestly don't care about that. PGP I don't care about either, it only helps if my contacts support it as well. So yeah, that's my personal view. What I worry about is Google soaking up all the info they can about me (that I gave them 'willingly'), and it being shared with other parties I don't know about.

Next I'll be looking into Sieve, RegEx filters etc. ...
triyck13 is offline   Reply With Quote