View Single Post
Old 21 Jun 2008, 10:04 AM   #70
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGuava View Post
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll try a few different things and see if I can get an account with POP access

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what do you mean by 'canned POP/Forwarding link'?
While I may not be completely clear on what kaptitsky means by that term, I can tell you how I got the POP/Forwarding options in my mail account, which defaulted to the English/US settings and didn't have those options until I changed the Language/Country setting to English/UK. While the following may appear a bit long-winded, it's actually pretty simple.

1. Log into your ymail webmail and click on the "Options" link near the upper right corner of the webmail screen.

2. On the Options page, click on the "Account Information" link listed beneath the word "Options" on the left side of the screen.

3. The above steps will probably bring you to a screen requiring you to enter your password again "for security purposes", which will then bring you to a "Review My Account Information" screen.

4. Scroll down to the "Member Information" section, not far from the top, which will contain basic information such as your gender, your yahoo/ymail email address and alternate address and, most importantly for the present purposes, "Preferred Content". You want to change the information in that field to a language/country which has the POP/forwarding feature. So click on the "Edit" link at the top of this section, to the right of the ""Member Information" label at the top of this section.

5. On the Edit screen, scroll down to the "Preferred Content" field under "General Preferences". This field will show your current setting (say, " English - United States") as a link. Click on this link.

6. The above will take you to a page with a dropdown list from which you can select your preferred "Language & Content". From this list, select a combination which has the desired options. "English - United Kingdom" worked for me.

7. Click on the "Finished" button, after which you may be brought to a screen requiring you to enter your password again. Of course, do so. When I did this I was brought to the "My Yahoo" page, from which I clicked on the Email link to go back to my email, where I now had the POP/forwarding options.

Edit: The above description was based on the "classic" Yahoo webmail interface, which I'm using. If you're using a different interface, you might not see the links in the webmail in exactly the same places.

Last edited by xmailer : 21 Jun 2008 at 10:11 AM.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote