View Single Post
Old 30 Jan 2018, 05:16 AM   #34
ioneja
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by caulfield87 View Post
still nothing. this is pathetic.

good luck and good night.
Not trying to give you a hard time or justify Runbox, but how do you know they haven't started the beta with a select group of testers?

And there is nothing out of the ordinary for Runbox's track record... they are SLOW in development as we all know... some people might look at that as methodical and careful... but for whatever reason, they take their time, they always have, and likely always will. So there's no surprise there IMO. It's par for the course.

Yes, their webmail looks like it is from a prior generation -- 1999 is a bit harsh -- but I agree it is old-school webmail design. Although I have to give them credit for a really well done TFA system (which took a very long time to release, and was worth the wait).

And by the way, if you're sick of the runbox webmail, you can use whatever email client you want, plus don't they have a Roundcube implementation too? (pretty sure it's located here: https://runbox.com/roundcube/ ) -- but it's been a long time, so I don't know if it works... but in any case, you have various ways of accessing your account.

Obviously, you have your opinion and experience with them, and if you want to move on from there, of course go for it. But IMO they are a very rare breed of product. Stable, solid, secure, really good support, conservative in their choices, and a good value, especially when you factor in the sub-account pricing. Considering the garbage that is out there for similar services that claim a fraction of their privacy level, I think they have an outstanding niche product... if a little long in the tooth on the GUI of their webmail.

I don't think it's "pathetic" that they aren't doing a massive roll-out of their beta right now... they are obviously taking their time. I think with something as important as email, it's a *good* thing. I'd rather they choose their beta testers very carefully, and take their time making sure the security is rock solid. I don't want someone finding an exploit, so let them take their time, and in the meantime, maybe use a different email client. Or, cancel your account and come back to them when the beta is done... and it could easily take another year with them IMO.
ioneja is offline   Reply With Quote