View Single Post
Old 8 Mar 2017, 02:39 PM   #1
rusl

EMD security, HTTPS?

Hi,

This forum doesn't seem to support SSL/TLS (HTTPS). I've always acknowledged this and I don't re-use my EMD password on other sites. Not everyone uses unique passwords everywhere though.

Today, the newest Firefox version just came out and it draws attention to password fields on insecure websites with a warning. Specifically, when you attempt to enter a password on an insecure site (such as EMD) it actually drops a warning down below the password field as you type.

I think insecure websites aren't long for this world, certainly those with logins that deal with personal and sometimes private data and conversations, and today's update to Firefox highlights this. I expect the other major browsers to follow suit if haven't already and then everyone who uses this forum will be seeing security warnings every time they visit.

I'm not the most regular user of this forum so I'm not actually familiar with who owns or runs the site, but I hope they have a long-term plan for a migration towards https.
rusl is offline   Reply With Quote