View Single Post
Old 19 Jun 2022, 04:51 AM   #32
Csin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioneja View Post
Quick follow up to my prior post -- I reached out to a friend who also had a paid account that he hadn't used for over 6 months, and like with my situation, he was also able to log in with no problems. (BTW he had moved over to Protonmail and hadn't touched his Tutanota account since the move.)

So that makes two paid accounts with more than 6 months inactivity and both accounts were still fine. So I hope the OP is still reading this thread and will consider reaching out to Tutanota to find out more about what happened to his account.
They shut me down around October. I devoted nearly a month trying to find a working URL to complain to, or ask for refund. No go. Want to contact them? You need to have an account with a working password, which you won't have when they shut you down. The other two links listed go nowhere. Someone said they are on Twitter or Fakebook. Yeah, I don't think I'll be joining the two most privacy-invasive sites outside of Gmail to chase after them.

So then I wasted a few weeks more changing all the addresses to another email. After which, I marked off Tutanota as a lost cause (and rip-off), and moved on. Whether I was shut down intentionally, or accidentally via ineptitude, doesn't really matter after this much hassle. They ripped me off for maybe four euros, but I suspect I'll survive without a refund....certainly not enough incentive to chase them around. I think they wasted enough of my time and caused enough irritation already.

Last edited by Csin : 19 Jun 2022 at 05:20 AM.
Csin is offline   Reply With Quote