View Single Post
Old 11 Dec 2013, 05:41 AM   #6
Jacinto
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by walesrob View Post
Signed up for this new service. Immediately had problems:
First, mx record is invalid according to my domain host (123-Reg): mxroute.com MX IS NOT VALID. So had to change Nameservers to cloudns to get this MX record to work. To be fair this is an issue with 123-Reg, but still, it's a pain.
Next, there are zero configuration options. Aliases? Forwarding? Webmail? Spam controls?
Next, came authentication errors while attempting to set up account in email client, whether using SSL or not.
Think I'll pass on this one.
Hello walesrob.

I had no problems with MX RR.

I was able to (a) sign up, (b) login to the "general" administration panel, (c) login to the separate "E-Mail" administration panel (you have to wait for a separate message with your user name, password and URL), (d) set up the one allowed E-Mail account (could have added aliases and forwarders, but didn't), (e) login to and configure Roundcube, and (f) access the E-Mail account with IMAP.

If one doesn't need to be spoon fed and has a little technical knowledge, it's a little challenging at first, but less challenging than euMX's OWM offering.

Ran into a little issue and received immediate, knowledgeable and courteous Tech. Support.

All in all, 10GB of Domain mail for free it's not bad. It'd be nice if we could set up more than one E-Mail account, but, free is free.

However, as with any new provider, we'll have to wait and see how it performs over the next month or two.

--
Jacinto
Jacinto is offline   Reply With Quote