View Single Post
Old 2 Feb 2017, 10:03 PM   #54
jhollington
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony17112acst View Post
The "from" is @tonytonini.com, not Comcast.net. I use comcast's SMTP but "From" is tonytonini.com. ... I can't send from tonytonini.com (Comcast SMTP) to anthonytonini.com (Freehostia)
Thanks. Just to make sure we're entirely clear, however (and for anybody else reading this part of thread who may want to jump in), I believe you did say you had tested using your Comcast.net address, correct?

Until such time as this is resolved, you should do all of your tests using your Comcast.net address. Don't even bother testing from "tonytonini.com" until you're sure that Comcast.net is working properly, as there are other reasons why Comcast and/or Freehostia may not like to see "tonytonini.com" email being sent from Comcast servers, so let's just keep that one completely out of the equation; there's definitely no reason why messages from your Comcast.net address should fail to be delivered to your Freehostia account.

Quote:
Also, I got 2 test emails from the Comcast technician today, so it appears they are still working on it.
At your Freehostia account? That sounds like a good sign.
jhollington is offline   Reply With Quote