View Single Post
Old 2 Feb 2017, 10:08 PM   #55
jhollington
Essential Contributor

Also, while this probably doesn't matter to anything that's going on right now, looking at the SPF record that you set up for anthonytonini.com, it looks like it may be using an incorrect IP address, or in the very least it's one I haven't come across in my research thus far:

Code:
anthonytonini.com.	3533	IN	TXT	"v=spf1 ip4:162.210.102.233 ~all"
Your MX record for anthonytonini.com points to mbox.freehostia.com, which in turn points to 162.210.102.199, so I'm not sure who 162.210.102.233 is; a reverse DNS lookup didn't provide any information, although based on the subnet it's likely on Freehostia's network.

Code:
anthonytonini.com.	1800	IN	MX	10 mbox.freehostia.com.
mbox.freehostia.com.	3600	IN	A	162.210.102.199
Now, all of that said, since you can't send mail from Freehostia, you wouldn't normally list this IP address anyway. Technically, if you were going to use an SPF record at all (and in your case, you probably shouldn't bother), you'd need to list the SMTP servers you normally use to send mail from anthonytonini.com, which I guess would be Comcast's.

None of this should prevent your messages from getting through at all (especially with the "?all" suffix and the policy of "none" in your DMARC record), so this is more just about proper housekeeping, and it's still possible an SPF record like this will result in a higher spam score when your messages are received by other systems.
jhollington is offline   Reply With Quote