View Single Post
Old 19 Jun 2017, 11:18 AM   #4
hans2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
It would be much nicer if they retained the classic UI
I agree, as I'm not a fan of heavy JavaScript and related things (like Ajax). For one thing, you're less likely to get meaningful and timely error messages when the connection is flaky (as you would when using a non-JS interface).

Quote:
It's pointless doing a support ticket as all you will get the same script reply that everyone else gets.
I'm sure you'll get a non-committal response if they haven't yet committed to the feature (I'm guessing you'd do the same thing). But I'm not as certain as you seem to be that user feedback is pointless. What I'm more certain about is that with zero user feedback, the chances of getting the feature in question is zero. Therefore, I stand by my earlier suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by labarum View Post
The Large Font Theme in the new interface addressed the issues I raised about using Fastmail on a small screen.
I just tried it. I'm seeing the same number of items in the folder list, and the same number of items in the message list, as I see with the other themes. The difference is that since the font is larger, there is less white space between list items. While that might give a similar "feel" as Concise, it does nothing to fit more information on a limited-size screen. That would be accomplished by using the same size (or smaller) font as the other themes, while reducing the white space between list items (which is what Concise does).

Quote:
There may, however, be value in reintroducing a wider range of styles in the new interface.
The Transition Guide says that a "dark" theme is coming soon (prior to the Classic cutoff), in response to user feedback. We'll have to wait and see what it is. If it's something like the Classic "infinite blackness" theme, I probably won't be using it.

One thing that would help is if users could choose the colors in any of the themes.
hans2010 is offline   Reply With Quote