View Single Post
Old 10 Feb 2009, 11:02 AM   #45
carbuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by barik View Post
I registered on this forum earlier this morning to make a post, only to realize that I wouldn't receive the activation e-mail because Tuffmail was down.
For what it's worth, I did exactly the same thing...

I managed to get someone to answer the phone about 2:00 CST today. At that point, they still did not know what had happened, and their status page doesn't give a lot of detail either. I'm going to email or call them again in a couple of days to get a better idea...

I, too, have been with Tuffmail over 2 years, and I haven't seen anything like this before.

The downside is that yes, some mail bounced. I specifically know of 2 emails that were sent to me that bounced, both from AOL accounts. Looking through the email that they received, it seems that AOL tried to resend for 3 hours then gave up. I was surprised the window wasn't a little longer, but that's what the emails said. So, unfortunately, depending on the sender's server, it appears likely that some email was lost.

As of now, 6 hours after some service was restored, I'm still getting random emails flowing through, so hopefully there wasn't much lost...

This experience will motivate me to investigate some redundancy in my email service. But I will still prefer Tuffmail based on my experiences to date.
carbuff is offline   Reply With Quote