Thread: etiquette?
View Single Post
Old 27 Dec 2002, 12:25 PM   #3
jally

Gankaku thanks for responding! Actually, this situation is one in which the correspondent is a stranger who offered to provide me with some free artwork, since he's an experienced artist. It was very nice of him to offer this, and I certainly don't want to waste his time by asking him for his preferences as to whether he prefers, or doesn't prefer, acknowledgements.

The same goes for many other strangers with whom I occasionally exchange goal-oriented-info online.

A recent example, was corresponding with someone whose acne post I saw online, to ask the guy where a certain acne treatment is located in pharmacies. Upon his response, so as not to waste his time, I wrote in the Subject line: Thanks for the info (N.T.) - meaning "No Text".

So, to repeat what I said before:
Quote:
I think it would be nice if email service providers would offer a way for people to make a notation of their personal preferences. For example, then I could reference the aforesaid message to see if the sender has a checkmark notated in the "prefers acknowledgements" column, whereupon I'd be assured that he wouldn't be annoyed by a petty acknowledgement.
An even better idea would be to allow people to mark an
SH - denoting that short & sweet acknowledgements are preferred"
or
NO - denoting that "no acknowledgements are preferred"
jally is offline   Reply With Quote