View Single Post
Old 25 Dec 2016, 11:49 PM   #3
correo

Wow, thanks for the detailed response.

I am familiar with all of the terms you posted about, as I have been researching this stuff recently.

Including Fastmail, since I just set up my wife's e-mail with them using her personal domain. I particularly liked their support for and easy implementation of spf and dkim. Also their slick web interface and fast performance seem top notch.

For her and my domain I use the domain registrar's dns servers. I have her fastmail set up with the MX only setup, not using their dns servers. After configuring spf and dkim, emails sent from her email address score a perfect 10/10 in the mail-tester.com spam-checking test.

Interesting to note that when I send an e-mail from Provider B to a mail-tester.com address, using their domain (not mine), it scores 9/10. The only point subtracted is for no dkim record or dmarc record. However, it still reports that it is "lovely" and has an ultra-low spam score.

Sending form Provider A, using their domain, scores 9/10 as well, for the same reasons.

So using their domains I am scoring well, but there is no dkim, even with their default domain.

Now, when I use my own domain with both providers and send an email to mail-tester.com, they both score the exact same 9/10.

So these results would indicate that both providers score highly on the anti-spam meter, even without dkim, with or without a custom domain.

Should I be concerned about using them if they do not have dkim?
correo is offline   Reply With Quote