View Single Post
Old 31 Mar 2016, 10:33 PM   #31
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by communicant View Post
ice.is and email.is used to be functioning Icelandic email services. I had a free account for a long time at email.is, but it was deleted without explanation and what can only be described as a bribe to restore the account and my data was demanded, with payment going not to the service but to a specific individual. Even now, although no service grid with prices or services is shown, if you go to email.is you will get a screen saying if you want an email account at that domain someone will offer you some sort of "deal." I can tell you that it is likely to cost at least thirty euros a year, an outrageous price. As for ice.is, yes, it seems that the same people now use it as their family chihuahua site -- hardly a recommendation to pay them as email providers!
ice.is was pretty unreliable even before those latest developments. I remember many forum posts containing complaints ... Pity because .is is a quite neat extention and ice.is / email.is to my knowledge are the sole providers that used the .is extention for email.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote