View Single Post
Old 30 Apr 2017, 11:27 PM   #11
Dutchie007
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmannam View Post
Dutchie007,

Please share your views on Directbox and GMX.
I have for years accounts with BOTH services. Directbox is also good...but..as I stated before has their servers IN germany. Customer service responds swift and acurat..both in German and English.

GMX is another company as the likes of google,Yahoo or Microsoft..now and then their mails do not get to the inbox of the person I want to reach. For me it is unclear WERE servers are...is it USA or Germany? German Police (or BND, that is German Intelligence service) can get to your account in a jiffy..no probs there. I even doubt that they would need a warrant or so..!! Like I said before germany is a POLICESTATE. media is under total control from the Government.That is why i also do NOT use services like Posteo or Tutanota...they remain IN germany...a NO GO for me.IF I had to use another (western-European Email service) I would prefer some company which servers based in the Netherlands,Iceland or Norway.(try Vivaldi)

Again..I KNOW Russia also spies on emails...but for me that is less frightening then when I use a (free) service in the country were I actualy live,-)

Therefor.I recommend Yandex highly. And NO I am NOT getting paid to say this. Rambler or QIP are flunky in Russia, would NOT recommend.

As of late I also more and more start to like QQ mail in China. I tried again today and I saw they use servers in Italy and Czech republic..!!Did a test with

http://www.ip2location.com

very swift delivery, no flunkies. (like AOL or yahoo). Their interface is in English,so no probs for me.

Dutchie.
Dutchie007 is offline   Reply With Quote