View Single Post
Old 22 Aug 2016, 10:44 PM   #190
JamesHenderson
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinaLamb View Post
Seems like fast mail is strongly positioning themselves towards company email. That's good. That's where the money is. Individuals have limited funds for this. There are a lot of companies wanting email, that don't want Google, or outlook, or open exchange. In that case, is choose fastmail. I'm of the persuasion, however, as an individual user, $40 was a great price point for myself. $50 passes a psychological price point barrier for some reason.
I agree that getting company business is a good thing for sustainability.

The "enhanced" price has been $40 for quite a while though, hasn't it? I have been paying for 2 years at a time and have been charged the same since 2007 (when I first moved from "member" to "enhanced"). I therefore do not think I can argue with a $10 price hike after 10 years of no price changes (my current 2-years expires in 2017).

I think I will move across to the "standard" plan (I like the new customised login screen) although I have no need for all that space.

I do think it becomes prohibitively expensive if you are on "standard" (for the personal domain) and then want to add multiple accounts for your kids who may be light users.