View Single Post
Old 2 Feb 2017, 05:20 AM   #40
jhollington
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavas View Post
I would like to see more support attempts form freehostia.com as well. When reading the forum and trying to see if my understanding would be of any help. I see nothing being said about what freehostia is doing to try and help other than trying to charge you to find out the cause of the issue.
That's a valid point. I was originally under the impression that the OP said Freehostia told them the messages weren't even reaching their servers, but when I went back I realize that this was simply from Freehostia's analysis of the DSNs.

That doesn't mean their analysis isn't correct, but it doesn't paint the full picture — this is what the headers look like to me as well, but there's not enough information to know why Comcast is generating these messages. Freehostia could be helpful by taking a look through their log files and seeing if they're getting any inbound communication attempts from Comcast. Being a smaller provider, it's likely easier to get them to do this than to try and find somebody at Comcast that you'd be allowed to talk to who actually even knows what an outbound SMTP server log looks like, much less where to find them

In other words, simply due to the bureaucratic nature of Comcast, you might have more luck getting Freehostia to try and identity any error messages they're seeing on their end — if they're "hanging up" on Comcast, their logs should definitely show why this is happening,
jhollington is offline   Reply With Quote