Thread: Blacklisted IP
View Single Post
Old 15 Jan 2021, 02:55 AM   #2
JeremyNicoll
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_A View Post
Been having an on-going problem for a long time. My personal IP address assigned to me by my ISP (comcast) is showing up on many IP address blacklists. This is causing (among other things) lots of problems with my emails.

Anyone else have a problem with a Comcast assigned IP address that is black listed? So far I've been told the only solution is to "change my Internet Service provider". That is not an option for me.

If you've had this problem I'd like to hear if and how you fixed it. I've tried everything here. (and I mean "everything") .. FWIW, my IP address is ACTING like a "static" IP and has not changed for close to 3 years. It's supposed to be a "dynamic" address but I can NOT force a change by any of the normal means. I've contacted Comcast dozens of time over the last couple years, each time spending MANY hours with support only to be pushed up through several higher levels to ultimately be told that they will get in touch with their "IT" department and someone from there will get back to me. NO ONE EVER DOES. Lately the problems have been getting worse.

No problem with the Internet service or the cable tv. Both are FAST super reliable, great quality. can stream 4K video etc to multiple devices simultaneously. typical speeds up near 200 mps and it's been great over-all.

BUT, I'm having huge slow downs trying to send regular short emails and many are being blocked. Plus am now being locked out of more and more web sites on the Internet. .
Even if you were able to change your IP address, the new one would also be one of the ones Comcast manage, and would quite likely have the same problem.

You say you can't change your ISP. Well, fine. But your ISP needn't be the service that sends your emails. If you get yourself a personal domain and have that hosted by a reputable email-hosting company, then your problems may go away. Then, your ISP is just the company who provide your physical connection to the internet. Provided you didn't then use the reputable-company's servers to send content that anyone objected to, I wouldn't expect them to prevent your email client (assuming you use such a thing) from logging-in to their system.

I don't understand why your home(?) IP address would be causing you to be blocked from "more and more" websites, unless they are meant only to service people who live in countries that you don't live in. Maybe using a VPN would fix that?
JeremyNicoll is offline   Reply With Quote