View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 2021, 08:48 PM   #3
chrisretusn
Cornerstone of the Community

"Gen Z could free the world from email". The author didn't really do a good job of giving a real reason for wanting to "free the world from email"

I found this funny: "But members of Gen Z do seem to agree with their elders on one thing: Email. ", this is one elder who does not agree.

The real problem as I see it, many folks these days feel a need to be connected every second of the day. Have to check that email, or Instagram, or twitter or SMS constantly. Not me, not even when I was working. A couple of times a day maybe. At work, never at home.

I love email and prefer it. I let my fingers to the talking. On my cell phone it's my finger.

While I do have access to some of my email accounts via my cell phone, I have notifications turned off. I only my cell phone to check Junk mail.

On occasion I get a SMS notification. I don't check if I an walking, driving, in a store, etc. I was sitting at my local watering hole the other day, my phone beep at me, the guy sitting across the table asked me if I was going to check it. I said maybe later. He said it might be important. I said, it can wait.
chrisretusn is offline   Reply With Quote