View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 2018, 07:32 PM   #5
tyler4402

Hi Fred, thanks for your help, on registering with a site I do make a pw and then write it down and save it to a dedicated folder saved to another HDD, and yes I do confirm using the link they send, I have found that lately some long used pw’s have been rejected on sites like google so I make another and I might not use that site for months but the next time I login the pw will be rejected and I have to click “forgotten password” again and make a new one, my pw's are all different as I never use the same pw again.

The “cannot be verified” message came after I had zapped the Sky account in frustration!! and I had made a new account using the correct parameters and a new pw, after that new pw was rejected I tried the old one, and all others I had for Sky, none worked.

I have just logged into gmail from chrome browser and a banner was displayed so I clicked it and this massage showed >

from other accounts:
Learn more
robert.bev@sky.com (POP3)
edit info
delete
Authentication error. Mail from this account has not been retrieved since 19/01/2017.**View details

I make my pw’s from letters and numbers like so... r0byl04ke5... I also use the free Dashlane pw manager, although I don’t let it make pw’s for me I make my own then write them in my dedicated folder and then let Dashlane save it, at first some saved pw's were also were rejected until I figured out that I could only use 16 digits with the free version, so if I made a 20 digit pw it saved 16 which were rejected the next time that Dashlane entered the pw.
Hope I am not confusing you, sorry, regards Robert
tyler4402 is offline   Reply With Quote