View Single Post
Old 21 Mar 2022, 05:23 PM   #11
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

I just tried sending an email from FM to my gmail account it just as stated in the first post it was classed as spam by gmail. I don't use a personal domain and the From address I was using for this test was another non-FM email address.

I've done such tests in the past when checking out other stuff but then such test messages always went into the inbox.

I seem to recall that sometime in the past FM needed to arrange with gmail to not class mail sent through FM be classed as spam. Maybe something changed in that area or maybe gmail's spam filters made some change. After a little more testing (see update below) I'm inclined to think it's gmail's spam filtering that changed.

Update 1:
Just sent a test messages from my actual FM account and one of my FM aliases to my gmail account and neither was classed as spam. So maybe it just doesn't like email domain I used in the first test messages (which happens to be a forwarding service that points to my FM account). Not to important though since I only used to use the gmail account as an anonymous email address in the days before switching to FM aliases and I would never use my forwarding service domain to point at gmail anyhow (could be a problem though I guess if I ever abandoned FM to switch to gmail as my main email service - not likely though).

Update 2:
For each of the above tests I kept marking the messages as not spam. The I tried adding a contact and a filter to accept the forwarding service's domain. One or a combination of these got my test messages successfully placed in the gmail inbox. So I removed the contact and the filter. And now my test messages still go into the inbox as they used to. So I don't know if it was the spam training, the contact or the filter or some combination to make the spam filters "get the hint" to accept those messages because at the moment all seems to be working as before. Weird.

Last edited by xyzzy : 21 Mar 2022 at 06:04 PM.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote