View Single Post
Old 28 Feb 2019, 08:15 PM   #8
TenFour
Master of the @

I have not traveled abroad in some time, but the last time I did I had the same problems with Gmail. I also recently moved and changed my phone number, and I am still in the process of discovering the many, many sites and apps where my old phone number and address still reside. Having anything out of date on your Google contact information could prove fatal if you are trying to retrieve access to an account and you realize that they are trying to send access codes to an old phone number or email address. Not sure of the answer to this problem, other than to consider having a backup email service that can be switched to if you lose access to your main Gmail account. In my case, I back it up to another Gmail account, which might not be ideal. This is an obvious huge disadvantage to those of us who regularly use free email with limited or no access to real customer service via human beings. I have had to work with G Suite CS and you can reach a real human there, so that might be an option if you are a frequent traveler.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote