View Single Post
Old 24 Feb 2011, 05:53 AM   #34
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystakill View Post
TBH, having a family plan helps, because I can manage stylesheets and other configuration options for the rest of my family members ... I can do all of this directly from my FM account, without having to login and logout multiple times to configure, test, and tweak things.
FastMail also has a reseller plan, where people can do the same for their customers. Some forum members in some posts described similar processes with their customers (that is: from their account they can customize their business customers for their specific needs). I think this has lots of potential with the new interface Javascript customization. it allows small specialized applications to be built on top of the interface, so a reseller might design plugins that appear with certain folders that help their business customers do some specific tasks unique to their business procedures. I thought perhaps it can also work with medium sized organizations where the IT department can act as a "Reseller" and other departments would act as "businesses" and the IT dept would be able to provide services like FastMail resellers do, and various departments withing an organization can utilize the sharing capabilities that a FastMail business account offers. Well, that was a bit off topic. Ever since Opera acquired FastMail I was thinking whether they can or will use FastMail as the email infrastructure for their own corporate mail (FastMail always said "we eat our own dog food" so perhaps Opera can eat it too, and sell some to other organizations).
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote