View Single Post
Old 24 Feb 2011, 11:42 PM   #44
Mystakill
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdesign101 View Post
"Find one that best suits your needs"
Whoops. Probably not a good thing to say.
The intent wasn't to incite ire; it was merely to point out that you do have other options than FM.

Quote:
I have no idea how many of the people on this forum work for Fastmail
All company representatives, from FM, Google, TrueDomain, etc., have a "Representative of:" tag added to their information block on the left. You'll notice that I don't have one, as I'm just a customer.

Quote:
As I stated in an earlier post..
"But I do think they need to listen to what is being said here.
I'm sure that they're more in tune with what the majority of their customers are thinking, as these forums are not their primary support venue.

As for listening, the vast majority of these changes, including the new interface itself, *were* driven by customer requests. Even the "new" interface has continued to evolve since it was made available over two years ago. I was one of the first people to decry a number of the initial changes, but once I started tweaking the interface myself with Stylish and Web Developer and a number of others joined in, Bron added functionality to allow us to make those changes from within their interface. Many other changes and improvement have followed, primarily based on user input, including mine. (You may have missed the revision numbers present in the beta interface, but there were a significant number of changes made over the past couple of years, prior to rolling it out to all FM customers)

Quote:
You can tell us to leave...
*I* can't tell you to do anything. It was merely a suggestion to follow if you could not resolve all of your issues after consulting with both FM and the forum members here.

For what it's worth, I suspect that a good number of us are here for some of the more unique features that FM provides, such as virtual domains, subdomains, aliases, personalities, family/business account management, SIEVE scripting, tweakability. Yes, the interface is part of it, but it's far from all of it for me.
Mystakill is offline   Reply With Quote