View Single Post
Old 9 Nov 2014, 10:16 PM   #14
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtaylor View Post
They also state on the free plan there is no file storage plus they display ads unlike mx route and mr mail.
Where do they say there's no file storage for the free plan? I see on their "prices" page, under the "free mailbox plan", "Files storage apps", just as it says under the premium mailbox. I can't imagine why they would have apps for storage that doesn't exist. Also, even the free 'inbox.lv' mailboxes have an additional 10GB available for file storage -- assuming that the free inbox.lv may be basically the same system as inbox.eu.

Of course, I would expect to, and do, see ads in the web login at inbox.lv, as is the case with most larger free email services (which, in their case, also happen to be a bit on the "obnoxious" side, actually partially blocking one's view of one's inbox -- unless one uses Ad Blocker, of course, as I have "successfully" used with the service in the past). I also seem to recall that they send their own email ads periodically.

As for IMAP, although at least one page claims that it's available, I've noticed that they only seem to have instructions for setting up POP in a client, not IMAP. So they seem to be a bit ambiguous on that.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote