View Single Post
Old 5 Feb 2015, 10:59 AM   #390
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbarr View Post
Without having some idea what you might charge for a SpamExperts addon it's pretty difficult to answer your question.

Give us a ballpark price range perhaps.
I'd kind of like one myself. I'm in talks with them, haven't landed on any numbers yet.

Honestly I'm still quite committed to working on SpamAssassin. I know people have bad experiences with it, but that's because most people that use it rely on out of date defaults. I've altered many of it's defaults and I'm really liking the changes that I made last week after receiving a ton of spam from clients to use as a baseline. Everything that was sent to me that landed in client's inboxes, if received today, would land in spam boxes. I don't mean from specifics on those e-mails but by generic trends within those mails. Things should be unbelievably better this week for all of my clients.

This is what I adjusted in SpamAssassin last week:

score HTML_MESSAGE 2
score URIBL_RHS_DOB 1
score URIBL_WS_SURBL 2
score URIBL_JP_SURBL 2
score AC_SPAMMY_URI_PATTERNS10 5
score RDNS_NONE 2.5
score T_REMOTE_IMAGE 2
score URIBL_DBL_SPAM 3
score MIME_HTML_ONLY 3
score HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_32 1.5
score HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_28 1.5

As a side note, I found it really humorous that a personal e-mail to me from postmaster@aol.com landed in my spam box after triggering RDNS_NONE. You'd think AOL would have proper PTR records on their staff mail server...
jarland is offline   Reply With Quote