View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2017, 06:08 AM   #10
TenFour
Master of the @

I understand that everyone has their preferences, but why make it hard on yourself? IMHO life is easier not using proprietary messaging apps of some sort that require other people to conform/adapt to your own preferences. Use universal services that nearly everyone has: SMS/MMS and email. I never meet anyone anymore who doesn't have at least one of those, and usually both along with some sort of phone service that will accept calls. OK--some people don't have a mobile phone, and no app is going to work if they don't have some means of accessing the Internet. So then you may have to fall back on the phone and snail mail. But, in my experience email works great for most people who don't have mobile phones. I really don't understand why people have to reinvent these wheels while making life more difficult and complicated. Use the services that almost everyone can access! In the USA your life will be more difficult if you don't have an email address, and you won't be able to sign up for many different services. So, you know people are very likely to have an email address that receives important things like bills, tax notices, etc., so they must check it. I really don't see how you can have an email address and not check it--I have all sorts of critical things that arrive that way and I would lose money, break laws, etc., if I didn't check my email. (OT, but I really enjoy email--gives me space to write something thoughtful if needed, or it can be short and sweet when that is best. I can attach a photo, provide a link, or change the font. Very adaptable to whatever type of communication makes the most sense.)

Last edited by TenFour : 7 Apr 2017 at 06:17 AM.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote