View Single Post
Old 3 Jul 2017, 06:41 AM   #528
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Just so readers of this thread are not confused, the three complaints quoted in the previous post are not missing from the current Fastmail user interface. Here is how you perform those actions:
  • Custom From address
    From the help: How do I set a custom "From" address?
  • Copy email feature
    From the help: Copy/Move messages between folders
  • Sending without entering part of recipient name
    • I find it's very easy to just enter a few characters of the first and last name to find a contact. For instance, to find Mary Tran you can type "ma tr", which finds all contacts which have a name (first or last or nickname) starting with the two characters "ma" and "tr".
    • If you want to use a list of addresses instead, then open your Address Book in a new browser window or tab and be sure you have previously pinned your most important contacts. You also need to select the Keep pinned on top icon at the top. See:
      https://www.fastmail.com/help/contacts/usage.html#pin
    • Once you have that all set up one time, you can select (click the checkbox at the left of the name) one or more contacts at the top (remember that you have pinned your important contacts) and click Compose at the top of the Address Book screen. A new Compose window will appear and those selected addresses will be added to the To addressing field.
Of course, Fastmail has already discontinued the classic interface after months of advanced notice to those using that old interface, and I assume that everyone who insists that they can't use the current interface has either closed their account or is not using it any more. The Fastmail Terms Of Service section 8.1 states that there are no guaranteed refunds, although Fastmail may give you a refund at their discretion.

You can close your account at any time, and all data will be permanently deleted after 7 days. After you ask for deletion, you are immediately logged out. If you log back in, you will see a warning message at the bottom:
IMPORTANT: This account is scheduled to be deleted within the next 7 days.

I don't know how Fastmail would know that you had left their service due to the loss of the classic interface, unless they see a huge wave of account closings in the past few days. Closing your account won't affect their future revenue until any paid account you have runs out and you don't renew. If you won't renew, Fastmail should be happy if you close your account immediately, since they don't have to provide services to you for more than 7 days!

Bill
n5bb is online now   Reply With Quote