View Single Post
Old 3 Jul 2017, 02:28 PM   #539
ellentk
Essential Contributor

[Originally posted by Gsptlsnz]
"A feature not in the new version is the ability to send emails from any address. Previously you could click on the ID selector and type any email addy in the empty window, now you can't."

Quote:
Originally Posted by brong
This is deliberate, and is only going to be locked down more over time as the internet moves towards increased sender security. With DMARC policies, DKIM and SPF, sending from arbitrary addresses is likely to be rejected and be bad for our sender reputation. You will eventually have to prove that you can receive from an address and that the sending settings are aligned before using it. Other email providers are doing the same, and it's in reaction to an evolving email standards landscape.
Gee, and I thought the overreaction to criminals only stopped me from buying decongestant off the shelf and tearing tags off my mattress. Soon I will also be viewed with suspicion because I have different email addresses for different businesses and a personal email address too? Fastmail better turn me over to the Internet cops immediately.
ellentk is offline   Reply With Quote