View Single Post
Old 3 Jan 2018, 03:03 AM   #1
ewal
Master of the @

Export and Importing mail

There does not seem to be an easy way of Importing and Exporting emails via the new interface. So far as I can see, would appreciate help.

I can easily download all my emails by using a third party utility such as Mailstore, but there does not seem to be an easy way of importing emails (such as in eml format).

The Import & Export allows for import of Contacts and Calendar entries stored locally, but no import options for emails stored locally (in any format).

The only 'Import' option is from another mail account (e.g. from Gmail).

I tried doing things in a local mail client (Outlook), opening an eml file and moving it to my Fastmail Inbox - but that does not seem to work. Maybe I'm just being dumb.

This need was prompted by me selecting two emails (using the web interface) and forwarding them in a new email. Sadly that action deleted the two emails (which it should not have) and I'm trying to get the two emails back into my inbox. (I've opened a support ticket), but I now realise the Import & Export options are very lacking and now I feel I don't have proper control on my Fastmail account.
ewal is offline   Reply With Quote