Thread: Email for Life?
View Single Post
Old 31 Jul 2017, 08:08 AM   #1
TenFour
Master of the @

Email for Life?

A provider I rather like and use, POBox.com (owned by Fastmail), uses the slogan "Email for life." I rather like the idea, but I was thinking is that all we really need? When I pass I would like my heirs to be able to access my email, file storage, etc., but if for some reason my domain or email subscription has expired it will all be gone. I think of all the dire warnings I get from all the services that require monthly or annual billing, and occasionally how the loss or expiration of some credit card can throw everything off. If that happens to your domain and your email provider, poof, your life's digital history will be gone, and possibly more important will be the loss of messages concerning bills due, etc. I know that after my mother passed, who was not online at all, we received many important things in the mail for years afterward. For many of us today those items will be undeliverable with the loss of our digital identities. Everything in the cloud? What happens when you stop paying the bills for the service?
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote