View Single Post
Old 19 Dec 2017, 12:17 AM   #14
anftr

I was ask them about attachment limit and inactivity period before closing account, I continue miss the reply.

They publicly spot a problem about undeliverable mails. Instead marked like spam. I try them service, it is difficult to have free web hosting on one place, them webmail on other place and DNS records on third place and all to be automatically synchronized.

Because them additional requirements about DNS records, it was required a lot of patience by my side, It was need intelligence... And to have some side work to distract me. To do it faster, I was do it in the wrong way... but finally I got my DNS records working.

I think, the problem is not in them about mails marked like spam... But using free domains to test them system. Huge percentage of SPAM is sent by free domains... I registered several free domains, and while I do that, I see this problem related to domains too. Not to them hosting. You sent legitimate mail... and it enter like SPAM.

If someone want him mail to no be marked like SPAM, it is better to no use TLD, what spammers use. Spamers use free TLD, domains, subdomains... to reduce them expenses, to can in cheap way expand them volume of SPAM.

Nice things are more expensive. It's cheaper to host in home... but it is more user friendly if it is done in data center. More security against outage. They offer easy redundancy. In home I have several PCs... But one PC consume so much electricity so I'll pay for hosting somewhere else. Adding the security, it's better to host outside, not in home. But the good offers for mail hosting and web hosting are not on the same place. And in such case it is much more intuitive to use expert independent third place DNS.

Here come the problem. If the web hosting change the IP... and you no notice it in time... After registrar DNS is not enough professional, tempting to me. Registrar can miss what's going on on my chosen better DNS.

It is probable chain of events... Hosting change IP, DNS records kept same. Registrar find that my IP point nowhere. So I haven't website(for them, they can not see it). In term of services of registrar is typed, he can get him domain from me after I no use it... he rent it to me, but I no use it, he take it back... So... he deny the redirect from him DNS to my chosen DNS, from there are lost the records pointing to my mailbox... and I effectively... lose my email address... And that's what I want to prevent... losing my email address.

The hosting may keep my already received emails... but effectively I lose my email address, after the domain is part of it. And after some registrars have habits of taking back domains...

Saying free of charge for: domain, DNS, web hosting, mail hosting, etc... is saying 'welcome' to the troubles.

This is security issue not directly related to Migadu but have to be considered. And once you start paying for domain, hosting, etc... If you are paying and lose payment... you lose service...

Resume... this combination is not good for people who plane to use some email address very rarely.

For some unexperienced man, I'm sure, he'll mis-configure the DNS records by first try, and if he is inpatient chances are big he'll mess the things up. It seem to be stupidly easy. But it's more likely to land on DNS different compared to the Migadu's manual... And trying to fit the manual to the different DNS... here we are.

Patience is the key for successful configuration of DNS records. Intelligence is needed too.

Resume: The free domain is not free because you have to have website there... And free email address on Migadu... it might no consume money, but consume something more expensive... time.

It seem to be free of charge, but when you add up all related things... If you need IMAP hosting, may be is not good idea to target the wish to be free.

It's more costly for you, your mail being marked like SPAM.

It's more costly, home project, some hacker launch some sophisticated DoS, immediately he claim the domain... the registrar see nothing on the IP... and he immediately give it to the hacker... and you lose the email address. Email address is like electronic ID card, passport.

Completely free of charge mail hosting in this way cost more.

If you like it to be free... the domain part of email address shouldn't be yours. Then why to host it yourself?

I sorry, little out of subject, I no comment Migadu... But how else you intent to use Migadu?

May be is better someone who was actually paid for Migadu's services to comment how happy is him by them?
anftr is offline   Reply With Quote