Thread: Blacklisted IP
View Single Post
Old 23 Jan 2021, 11:37 AM   #19
Rich_A

Opps .. I got side tracked and forgot something I wanted to tell JeremyNicoll. There is no WiFi here. About 18 months ago I removed the existing Router and installed a non-wifi 8 port gigabit router. The laptop is normally used when traveling and maintenance on that is done via a plug in hard wired Cat 7 LAN. All the computers in the house are hard wired and running gigabit speeds including the modem.

I don't have a smart phone and not even a smart TV. (wife says I'm also not smart) <grin>

The laptop I have is a Dell and is the only commercial PC I own. All my other PCs I've owned were build by me from scratch going back to the aforementioned first computer I built in the late 60s.

So I hope you can believe me when I say I've been messing with computers and electronics of all kinds for a very long time. Been retired from the computer business about 20 years now and I have to say a lot of water has gone under my bridge. A LOT has changed in the last couple decades. Suffice to say, I'm pretty impressed with the knowledge floating around this forum.

Glad I found this group ..but It's getting hard to keep up with you guys ..

I appreciate the combined effort put forth by the collective group here. Thanks guys.
Rich_A is offline   Reply With Quote