View Single Post
Old 12 Jan 2014, 05:23 AM   #4
hans2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesnothere View Post
How did YOU stumble upon this ?
Long story. I had been using Yahoo Mail in its most basic form (what came to be known as "Classic") for many years. At some point along they way, they started doing Ajax and I didn't like it. I found out somewhere online that I could disable Ajax by adding "noajax" in the URL, and then that keyword would automatically be retained in all subsequent page loads during that session, which was great. But it still meant that, right after logging in each time, I'd have to edit the URL and reload the page. The way to eliminate that step was to save the post-login URL as a bookmark (after putting "noajax" in there), and from then on, use that bookmark to get into my mail. If I wasn't already logged in it would first redirect me to the login page, while retaining the original URL so after login I would still land on the "noajax" URL (and then proceed to view my Inbox or whatever, completely Ajax-free). Yay! (A secondary benefit was that since the bookmark worked in both logged-in and not-logged-in cases, I needed to keep only one bookmark for mail.)

Once they upgraded [sic] me to Neo, my bookmark no longer worked because the URL format in Neo was completely different. So I changed my bookmark to the new post-login URL (to get the above-mentioned secondary benefit; neo-basic uses neither javascript nor ajax), and then I found out two things: 1. You can't login to Neo with a post-login URL (well, I could not, dunno if it works for anyone else), and 2. You get a faux IE error page.

FYI, I'm using Win XP Professional, SP3, and FF 26 with NoScript plugin. So seeing an IE error page was completely unexpected.
hans2010 is offline   Reply With Quote