View Single Post
Old 29 Dec 2014, 06:02 AM   #63
17pm
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmannam View Post
Sergei seems to be highly [technically] qualified as he's working Scryptmail (beta) on his own. It is inappropriate to comment on his English communication rather encourage him.
I don't think it's inappropriate. I thought he was American and his english seemed a little bit off on his blog posts. I'm not American myself so I do know that not everyone speaks english. However, not everyone is launching an e-mail service. I think it's important to understand the "politics" of launching a service. You'll be judged for what you say, like it or not.

If you read this thread you'll see that I encouraged him in my first posts. I continue to do so, and did recently on a thread he made on reddit /r/privacy (if I recall correctly).

My comments on his grammar should not be seen as personal attacks but as suggestions for improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scryptmail View Post
@17pm
I never said I'm an American, I think you already raised those type of question at the beginning.
So yes, I'm Russian by nationality, who lives in USA for more than a decade. We probably can agree that quality of the product can not be determined by how well developers know writing English
I never mentioned your blog posts on this thread "scryptmail".. If you go back, you'll see that I gave some suggestions and asked some questions. Don't take my post about your grammar/english as an offense. Take it as an advise, a suggestion.

I'll be testing your service further since I'm in need of another service like yours. I already have enough accounts on tutanota.de :P

EDIT:

One suggestion:

I think you should create an "about" section, somewhere on the site.
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote