View Single Post
Old 22 Apr 2008, 06:12 AM   #23
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Well, of course comparing just two users' experience may not provide sufficient information to conclude that location is the deciding factor, since I'm not sure all U.S. users were having problems at the time I was either, or there may have been more posts about it here. Although I did notice that, while the login page was at mail-us.gmx.com, the webmail interface apparently loaded from mail-eu.gmx.com, whatever significance, if any, that might have.

I've also never noticed a problem with POP3 collection, although I only poll it from a Gmail account which I only log into occasionally, so I wouldn't necessarily notice (and probably wouldn't care) if it had occasional "glitches" as many, if not most, services do. But not being able to access the webmail features for the better part of two days seems a bit more serious to me than would just brief inaccessibility by either POP, IMAP, or webmail.

But I haven't been seeing anything like daily updates from the service in my email, in fact I think I may be getting them on exactly a weekly basis. But I wouldn't even call them "ads", since as far as I've noticed they're just updates about the service itself, which I have no problem with.

It'll be nice if/when they eventually get all the serious bugs out of the system, though, which I hope they'll concentrate on more than adding new features, especially since I can't really think of any particularly important email features that the service is lacking at this point. The webmail could still stand much improvement in speed and efficiency though, IMO, as I believe even some users with high-speed connections have still been complaining about the relative slowness of the webmail interface.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote