View Single Post
Old 30 Jun 2019, 08:29 AM   #16
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarioMor View Post
...Do you know where is that screen where we could see the folder occupation by MB or %?
As Bruce says, the total quota usage is shown at the bottom of the folder list on the main page. On one of my accounts, I see:

Storage is 55% full
Using 13763 MB of 25000 MB

But I think you want to know the usage by each individual folder. To see this:
  • Click Edit in the lower left below the folder list on the main message listing page.
  • You will then see a list of all of your folders.
  • To the right of the folder name is the number of messages, with the number of unread messages in bold (parenthesis), such as:
    100(10)
    This shows that you have 100 messages in that folder. 10 of them are unread, so 90 have been read.
  • To the right of the message count the size of all messages in that folder is shown.
  • If there are subfolders of a folder, you can click the right-arrow at the left of the folder icon to show the subfolders. Each subfolder will show the number of messages and their total size
  • To return to your normal message view, click <-Back to mail in the upper left of the screen.
The help has not been updated yet and I no longer use any accounts which only support POP, so I can't confirm whether POP links still work for me. When I set up Outlook retrieval in Settings>Account>Import & Setup>Outlook, messages are downloaded using IMAP. I see headers similar to this (munged for security):
Code:
X-ME-Message-Id: <839534.12epa7dee9863a7e51057v135e9adb89f02d923r@popretr.messagingengine.com>

Received: from outlook.office365.com [40.97.142.210] by messagingengine.com   with IMAP for myaddress using TLSv1_2 ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384; Sat, 29 Jun 2019 18:44:46 -0400
So although the X-ME-Message-Id header has a tag which implies POP retrieval, it's obvious from that Received header that IMAP is actually being used. This was automatically set up by Fastmail when I entered my Outlook email address and password.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote