View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2011, 08:38 AM   #1
EddieC

Mac Mail application/client

I'm using the Mac Mail e-mail client (2.1.3 ) on OS X Tiger and have a problem with Sent items. When I send a mail, it isn't put into the "Sent" box/folder.

I have followed the set-up instructions provided by Fastmail and have just lived with this problem. But it would be nice to get it solved as there may be an underlying problem.

I do Synchronize as am using IMAP by Mailbox --> Synchronize "[my account]".

No problems actually sending e-mails (the recipients always receive) and receiving mail in the Inbox.

The problem I think is on the pulldown Mailbox --> Use This Mailbox For where all the options (the folders/boxes) are greyed out. This happens for Inbox, Sent, Trash and Junk.

On the left, where the boxes are iconised, I don't have any subfolders under Inbox; all these 4 folders are at the same level.

A related problem, and maybe a clue, is that about a minute after I start to compose a message, I get an error window pop up saying "Error. The message could not be saved". This I "Ok" to proceed.

Is this a Mail app problem only or could it be how it interacts with the server? Or even server settings?

Thanks.

Ed
EddieC is offline   Reply With Quote