View Single Post
Old 11 Jul 2003, 08:55 AM   #1
tenekun

Mozilla mail problems

Well I just switched from the web interface to Mozilla Mail because of 1.4's integrated Bayesian spam filtering. Anyway, I am not sure if these problems existed before 1.4 or not, but they definately exist now...

First, I have a member account. The SMTP (insecure) seems to work fine. I can check the checkbox for "Use Secure Connection: Always" and it still sends OK (though I am not sure if it is actually sent using SSL because the port number field is blank). However, if I specify port 465 in the port number dialogue box, it refuses to send mail at all. I can telnet to mail.messagingengine.com port 465 alright, and I even tried the "smtps" proxy address. None of these work. I am using the correct server address and the correct format for my username.

The second problem I am experiencing is also during sending mail. I have selected "When sending messages, automatically: place a copy in: other: Sent Items on myaccount". However, upon sending a message, during the stage "Copying message to Sent Items folder" I receive the following error: "The current command did not succeed. The mail server responded: Mailbox does not exist." The odd thing is I can access my mailbox fine when browsing my moil. I can even move messages to the sent items folder. Mind you the message is still sent correctly, but it is unable to place a copy in the sent items folder...

--Brandon Siegel
tenekun is offline   Reply With Quote