View Single Post
Old 7 Aug 2020, 07:19 PM   #37
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
For most positions the potential employer looks for stability and not for somebody jumping ship too often.
OT, but I do some hiring and have for many years. My first cull through applications is the person's cover letter to see how articulate they are, whether they address the job specifics, and where they are located. If that all passes muster, I then look at the resume and see what their specific job experience is. I usually split the applications into three piles: very interesting, possible, and reject. 90% go in the reject pile for one reason or another. The email address and phone should be prominent at the top of the cover letter and resume with your address. Sometimes, a person's email address, right there at the top of everything, stands out in a positive way and might be that tiny extra that gets your letter a little more attention and has you stand out from the crowd since 95% will have a generic gmail or .mac address. Even some local ISP addresses might make you stand out. If you have to go generic, gmail seems to be the best--it is used by everyone right up to some CEOs I correspond with.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote