View Single Post
Old 18 Feb 2024, 07:39 AM   #5
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Fastmail: since 2002 that is 21 or 22 years. that's practically the only one I use regularly, and my domains are hosted there.

Gmail: since June 2004 that is 19 and a half years. I use it mainly as a Google account and not for the email' and I have cross forwarding set with the Fastmail account, so it's sort of a backup.

My current employer: I have a work email address since 2003 (more than 20 years).

Yahoo: since September 1998, so that's about 25 years. I don't really use it. Just keep the account alive so they don't close it.

Hotmail: a few months after Yahoo, so it's also 25 years. I POP that address into my Fastmail account and get only messages from Microsoft and some very little spam.

I had some other addressees form previous employers, that were all closed more than 20 years ago. The earliest in 1991. Technically I also had an email address I could use in 1979 on BITNET when I was in youth activities is Weizmann institute of science, but I had no one to correspond with so I didn't use it for email.

I had addresses from some other services, also closed more than 20 years ago. The one I used most seriously was from Onebox, that offered an email service with a phone number (a voicemail box in the USA). I move to Fastmail when Onebox closed.
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote