View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 2021, 04:28 AM   #8
placebo
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenman View Post
Firstly, I wouldn't give up Fastmail yet because of the change of law. The new law is lamentable and to be challenged. However, I have no reason yet to believe that my own account is likely to be compromised more than with any other service.
That's my take as well.

I currently have a legacy plan with FastMail, but if the company decided to force everyone onto its current plans, it would cost more than I'd be willing to pay for my relatively simple needs. It got me thinking about the topic of this thread and spurred me to investigate alternatives in case I ever decided to leave.

Quote:
If ever there were a compelling reason to leave, my choices would be first (by a long way) Runbox and secondly Polarismail. If I wanted a free (or rather no extra cost) option it would be what Gandi offers with its domains.
I actually just signed up for a Runbox trial last night. I tried out Polarismail a few months ago. It was acceptable, but I'm liking Runbox better so far. Currently, though, they too are my top two choices.

One benefit of looking into alternative and trying them out was to get a better appreciation for the features FastMail does provide.
placebo is offline   Reply With Quote