View Single Post
Old 4 Feb 2021, 04:48 AM   #19
tlvee

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaso View Post
Relationships have ups and down, but sometimes something happens that reminds you why you fell in love in the first place.

A little more research into it: I click Compose and then select a *@domain identity. The name is an editable box populated with my name (defined in the identity). The localpart is an empty editable box that I have to type something into. The domain is also in a box that looks editable, but is only partially editable: clicking on it moves the domain to the right and creates an editable box where a subdomain can be typed. So it allows using any email address in the domain and all its subdomains, but not an email address from another domain. I think I can live with that (I haven't tried but perhaps it is possible to actually change the domain using the browser's "inspect element" facility. I use it sometime to edit the source of the email text if I need something that's not available in the interface, like sub-subscripts).

So I'm quite happy today: the issue discussed here seems to be resolved. Replying to emails with custom subdomains became much more streamlined: previously I had to remember before hitting reply to copy the email address i want to use for the reply, so I can paste it into the "From" field after choosing an editable identity. Now it just opens the Compose screen with the right address populating the From field. Another little issue was resolved here; Previously when choosing an editable identity the localpart was populated with the localpart from the previous identity used, which is often not the localpart I want. Several times I forgot to edit it before hitting "send". Now it opens with an empty localpart so something must be typed to make it valid. To me it's an improvement.

So right now I'm happy, until the next issue (that's the way marriage works...) Now I would be even happier if a little action is added to the Compose screen to switch from "reply" to "reply all", because ever so often I click "reply" and only then realize I actually wanted to "reply all" (or some). I guess I'm not the only one with this little problem.
I'm a little late to recognizing this new ability and very happy to have it. One question... has anybody been able to make the *@domain.com sending identity the default identity? I ask because I often accidentally use my personal address when sending work emails to my dismay. This would remind me.
tlvee is offline   Reply With Quote