View Single Post
Old 13 May 2018, 06:21 AM   #10
TenFour
Master of the @

I strongly suspect that most companies avoid responding on forums, though I also suspect they do have staff that glance at them from time to time. It is often a losing proposition to respond to complaints or questions, which can lead to more complaints and questions, and on and on. If someone has a particular gripe or technical issue they want that person to use the regular customer service/support channels so the issue can be tracked, funneled to the right person, etc. Forums often end up becoming long-winded arguments between various opinionated people (like me) who may or may not know what they are talking about. Can be a huge waste of time for busy professionals trying to do actual work. It is very hard to solicit useful feedback from a forum because you don't know who you are communicating with and whether or not they are legitimate or a troll. On the other hand, I'm not sure companies do much better with focus groups or polling. Hire great people, let them create and improve, and keep them on the cutting edge by giving them time to go to conferences, take trainings, ******** with other great people in the field. Frankly, those of us in the unwashed masses often just get in the way of making great stuff.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote