View Single Post
Old 3 Dec 2014, 03:59 AM   #37
scryptmail

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal9000 View Post
Not a bad service, I like it, but I have some questions:

1.- How can we be sure that you donīt keep the password and the passphrase if you want?. I donīt see the opposite but maybe I am missing something.

2.- Is that your real name?. It seems to be a russian name, the same as a well known football player or thatīs what wikipedia says if I remember well. How can we know this is not a russiam scam to get money and dissapear later?

3.- Do you offer pop/imap in some way?

Thanks
1. First of all, my code is 100% public available: https://github.com/SCRYPTmail/scryptmail. You more than welcome to inspect it, pay close attention to login part of it. Not just password get hashed, but I'm even unaware of your email address, because it hashed as well.

2. Sergei, yes it's my real name. I'm not sure about football, but Google co founder would be my guess Before I can try to dissapear with money, I need to collect them. And if you noticed, service is free for now In fact, right now, my money dissapearing each month with bill from Linode ;-\

Hard to say for all Russians, but very little of us actually running scams, yes we can be hackers, which I think beneficial for encryption and privacy, but most running legitimate business, name of few: Google, nginx, clustrix, Kaspersky, percona. Now scryptmail

3. Pop/imap not an option, at least now, as would not offer you end-to-end encryption

Thanks for interest
scryptmail is offline   Reply With Quote